Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the challenges of and solutions to industrial and power system protection problems
- Provide a practical understanding and selection of protective device relay applications and protective relay schemes for industrial and electrical power systems and equipment
- Describe current and voltage transformers and their impact on protection relay settings and schemes
- Apply and calculate settings for motor, generation, industrial distribution and transmission lines, transformer, bus, breaker failure protection schemes, load shedding, power source transfers and arc-flash mitigation
- Understand the basic industrial system protection techniques including fault analysis and overvoltage assessment
- Develop your own relay settings and thoroughly understand the philosophy of protective systems
- Analyze power system faults for balanced and unbalanced conditions using symmetrical components
- Enhance your experience with power system protection problems generally faced, and solutions successfully adopted, by industry
- Understand how to apply microprocessor-based multifunction relays for the protection of various forms of power system equipment and apparatus
Who Should Attend:
Personnel who are involved in the design and maintenance of the facility’s electrical power system and are part of the electrical safety for the facility.
There are no reviews yet.