Understanding the Changes to IEEE 1584
+ IEEE 1584.1
This 1-day, instructor-led course will explain the major changes between the 2002 and 2018 versions of IEEE 1584 and will cover the report requirements set forth in IEEE 1584.1. This course will discuss topics such as the new electrode configurations (i.e. VCB, VCBB, HCB, etc.), the enclosure correction factor, the arcing current variation, and the low voltage transformer exception.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the differences between the two versions of the standard
- Understand the electrode configurations VCB, VCBB, HCB, VOA and HOA
- Understand how the 2018 version is more robust
- Understand the change for low voltage transformer exception
- Identify if you need to update your study to the new 2018 version
- Create an Arc Flash Report with deliverables in accordance to IEEE 1584.1
Who Should Attend:
Personnel who are involved in the design and maintenance of the facility’s electrical power system and are part of the electrical safety for the facility.