Grounding for Sensitive Equipment
This 2-day, instructor-led course covers grounding of sensitive electrical equipment. This course involves how to ground your system properly to reduce or eliminate noise on equipment signal lines. This course will encompass the basic objectives, fundamental concepts, and current practices for equipment grounding.
- Basic knowledge of IEEE Std. 142
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the advantages of grounded and ungrounded systems
- Understand the purpose of system grounding
- Understand the methods of system grounding
- Understand the purpose of static grounding
- Understand the fundamental causes of static electricity
- Understand lightning protection principles
- Understand the practice of grounding of signal wire shields
- Understand the method used to eliminate problems from radio frequency interference at computer stations
Who Should Attend:
Personnel who are involved in the design and maintenance of the facility’s electrical power system and are part of the electrical safety for the facility.